Privacy & Cookies
When you make purchases from us (over the phone, via our catalogue order forms or this Website) or browse this Website, we may collect the following personal data about you:
- your name, age and gender;
- your billing and delivery postal addresses, phone (including mobile phone) and e-mail details;
- where you have registered with us, your user name and password;
- your communication and shopping preferences;
- your browsing and shopping activities;
- your date of birth;
- your location;
- where you place an order with us, your payment card details, working with a PCI compliant partner
We may use this personal data for any of the following activities:
- to maintain your account;
- to provide our goods and services to you and for associated purposes, including verifying your identity;
- to contact you (via post and / or e-mail) and with your consent about promotional offers and products and services which we think may interest you
- to share with carefully selected relevant third parties with your prior consent
- to provide you with website content which is tailored to your individual tastes;
- for customer satisfaction and market research activities;
- for crime, fraud prevention and related purposes
- We also process your payment card details for website purchases and, in certain instances, disclose your personal data to third party credit reference agencies for credit check purposes.
- When you place an order with us, we may offer to hold your payment card details for future convenience, working with a PCI compliant partner. If you prefer that we do not maintain these details, you can go to ‘My Account’, click on ‘Edit or delete a credit card’ and delete your card information
By purchasing from us, you agree to us sending our catalogue publications to you by post. If you provide us with an email address at the point of placing your order or thereafter then you agree to receive promotional emails from us. However, if you would prefer not to receive catalogues and/or emails from us then please email us via our 'contact us' page, or by calling us on 0113 270 6655.
Joe Browns Limited will not disclose your telephone number or e-mail address to any third parties. We may pass your name and address to the small number of carefully selected third party companies we occasionally work with. You can opt-out by contacting us, or via our online checkout or catalogue request facility.
By purchasing from us, you agree that we may use personal information provided by you in order to conduct appropriate anti-fraud checks. Personal information that you provide may be disclosed to a credit reference or fraud prevention agency, who may keep a record of that information.
We will never ask for personal details via email. If you receive an unsolicited email asking you for your www.joebrowns.co.uk login details then please contact our customer service team immediately.
If you have supplied us with an email address prior to or at the point of placing an order with us then your email address will be shared with our feedback partners Feefo. Feefo will send you an email invitation 14 days after we have despatched your order welcoming you to leave feedback about your purchase. There is an opt-out facility within the email that Feefo will send to you if you would rather not receive emails from them.
In the instance that Joe Browns is acquired by another party, these terms and conditions will revert to the buyer.
What are Cookies?
- Cookies are text files which are typically stored on your computer by your web browser.
- The purpose of cookies is to store settings and information for webpages that you have accessed.
- Cookies are not computer programs and can't read other information saved on your hard drive.
- They cannot be used to disseminate viruses.
What about the law?
- By using the Joe Browns website, our customers accept that cookies will be used.
Where can I get more information?
Should you require any more information regarding cookies, please see the following links -
How do I turn Cookies off (Opt out)?
If you have concerns about cookies, you can easily disable cookies in your web browser by using the help feature provided by your web browser and this should provide you with information on how to turn off cookies.
Alternatively, please visit this web page http://www.wikihow.com/Disable-Cookies and follow the instructions for the web browser you are using.
Please note - Should you disable cookies the Joe Browns website may not function as intended and you may encounter problems shopping.
What Cookies do Joe Browns use?
- Our website uses session cookies to allow customers to move from one part of the site to another and a menu id cookie so that we can present the correct menu banners to our customers.
- We may use this to understand what most appeals to our customers so we can make our offers as appropriate as possible.
- We also use this data to create personal product recommendations on our website and our marketing emails.
Third Party Cookies
- The Joe Browns website uses social media in order to allow our customers to share products and content on our website therefore you will also find cookies are supplied by Facebook and Twitter.
- We don't control the settings of these cookies, so you'll need to check with third-party websites for more information about their cookies and how to manage them.
Joe Browns Cookies in detail
- The ASPSESSIONID cookie allows the user to shop on the Joe Browns website, storing information such as the items you have viewed and information about your basket contents.
- The menuid cookie logs which section of the menu navaigation you are currently using to make it easier for the user to naviagate around the Joe Browns website.
- We may also use technologies, such as our own cookies, to provide you with personalised online display advertising tailored to your interests. To opt out of our cookies used for this online advertising, click here.
- DoubleClick is the ad management and ad serving technology foundation and we occasionally use this to track advertising from other sites.
Google Analytics (__utma, __utmb, __utmc & __utmz)
- Cookies from Google analytics allow us to see how customers use the Joe Browns website, where there are problems with its design and functionality, and where we can make the customer experience better still.
- These cookies do not trace personal information such as your name, but can track how often your computer visits a website, which pages your computer visited and in which order, and where you left the website. This type of information helps to make the Joe Browns website and marketing campaigns more relevant; it never shows personally identifiable data.
Twitter (_twitter_sess, guest_id, k, external_referer, js, auth_token, auth_token_session, twid, twll, lang, original_referer)
- Cookies used to enable Twitter related functionality on the Joe Browns website.
Facebook (datr, lsd, reg_ext_ref, reg_fb_gate, reg_fb_ref, x-src)
- Cookies used to enable Facebook related functionality on the Joe Browns website.
Sub2 (V1v4, V2v4 and V3v4)
Conversant (DotomiUser, DotomiNet, DotomiStatus, rt_NNNN, DotomiRRNNNN, DotomiSession_NNNN)
- Conversant collects and uses anonymous information about your visits to and interactions with our website through the use of technologies such as cookies to personalise advertisements for goods and services. To learn more, or to opt-out of receiving online display advertisements tailored to your interests by Conversant, visit the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance at http://youronlinechoices.eu/
First Party Opt-Out Menu Confirmation Language
- Conversant will provide a link that will opt-out users from targeted ads, and lead the user to an opt out menu with the following language: Opt-Out - Success If you are seeing this screen, the opt-out process was completed successfully and your browser will indicate you have opted out of enhanced online display advertising provided directly by Joe Browns. Here are some important things you should know about this specific opt-out:
- You may still receive marketing promotions from Joe Browns through our third party service providers. Please visit the Network Advertising Initiative (http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/) or your applicable Digital Advertising Alliance to learn more about the use of this information by third-party advertising companies or to choose limited use of this information by opting out of interest-based online advertising.