Working for Joe Browns
Joe Browns is a true lifestyle company, which was started in 1998 to offer something more exciting and more individual than the other clothing catalogues in the UK.
We offer stylish, laid back clothing for men and women plus original gifts and accessories that won’t be found on the High Street. Our ethos is that life should be about living for the moment, getting out there and enjoying yourself - and our clothes reflect that.
We’re based in Leeds, West Yorkshire, where our head office, customer service department and warehouse are all under one roof. Located in a converted warehouse, our offices are as fun and quirky as the clothes we sell!
The creatives. The planners, the analysts and those that make it all happen.
When only the best will do. Striving to make sure our products exceed expectations.
The number whizzes, the forecasters, the bill payers and the bean counters.
Where the magic happens. The creators, the researchers and the tough negotiators.
The range advisers, the sales advisers, the jugglers and the relationship builders.
The organised crew, managing stock requirements and deliveries for all Joe Browns channels.
The operational backbone of the business. Making sure we deliver our promises.
The order takers, the problem solvers - always here to help and ensure our customers stay happy.
We look for individuals who aren’t afraid to be themselves, stand up for what they believe in and think both commercially and creatively. They are determined, ambitious and strive to be the very best at what they do.
We work incredibly hard, but in turn we fully believe in letting our hair down too! Here’s just a small selection of the kind of things we get up to…
- Fun, fast paced working environment!
- Strong team ethos
- Stakeholder pension scheme
- Life insurance
- Up to 60% discount on new ranges
- An extra day’s holiday for your birthday
- £100 welcome voucher to spend on Joe Browns product when you join
- Free onsite parking
- Our very own fun committee
- Free fruit (or pie!) on Thursdays!
- 2 fantastic staff parties a year
- Free thinking encouraged
Lead Web Developer
We are an exceptional brand and we are looking for someone remarkable to join our Ecommerce team in the role of Lead Web Developer. The role will see you working alongside the wider Ecommerce, Marketing and Creative team in maintaining and developing the joebrowns.co.uk website, finding innovative ways to drive engagement and deliver outstanding customer experience.
- Managing all website updates, enhancing the customer experience and driving engagement.
- Executing the marketing plan - deliver timely updates in keeping with the central marketing calendar.
- Develop and execute a robust onsite usability testing plan, delivering growth and conversion rate optimisation to the website.
- Analysing site performance, implement fixes and brief changes where required.
- Managing the UX testing programme, working closely with the junior front-end developer and the Qubit platform.
- Continually testing the site and identifying/resolving any technical issues and implementing technical advancements.
- Using Google Analytics to understand where enhancements can be made and reporting key metrics to the business.
- Working on projects including website enhancements, web-based applications and usability
- Working with external development agencies (currently Sanderson Elucid) to maximise technological advances and site functionality.
- Identifying and learning from best practice in the market in UK and overseas.
- Managing the junior web developer in ensuring all website assets are relevant and up to date.
- Working with the IT department to maximise website security and to identify and resolve any potential issues with the web platform.
- Working with external development agencies to maximise technological advances and site functionality.
Technical Knowledge Required:
- Experience of PHP preferable, but not essential.
- Google Analytics.
- Adobe Photoshop.
- Good understanding of major operating systems.
- Ability to utilise relevant IT support systems and be conversant with standard business desktop applications.
- Experience of using Elucid, Qubit and Bronto is advantageous but not essential.
Business Skills Required:
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills.
- Creative skills.
- Good planning and organisational skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- An enthusiasm for digital and a desire to continually push technology forward.
- A team player with a positive attitude who is prepared to roll their sleeves up and lead by example.
- An enthusiasm for digital and a drive to test and learn new integrations.
This role would suit a team player with a positive attitude who is prepared to roll their sleeves up and lead by example, as well as encompassing “The fabric of Joe Browns”
- We enjoy and believe in what we do - or we don't do it.
- We are fair, well-mannered and respectful, never weak.
- We help each other to succeed - colleagues, partners and customers.
- We are creative and push boundaries - we don't just accept.
- We create a positive environment.
Salary will be competitive.
Don't forget to attach your CV and Covering Letter!
Wholesale Marketing Communications Manager
This is a newly created role in the marketing team and has arisen due to the rapid expansion of our wholesale channel.
The successful candidate will work with our wholesale account management team to really get under the skin of our wholesale and independent channel customer base - understanding their brands and promotional opportunities, and working with key marketing contacts to build successful marketing plans that drive sales.
They will have a passion for creativity, be a great relationship builder and have a solid understanding of key marketing comms such as DM, inserts, email marketing, social media.
Experience of managing photo shoots and instore VM would be advantageous but not essential.
- Providing solid marketing support for the wholesale team.
- Developing seasonal marketing campaigns that produce results.
- Managing the tiered retail marketing strategy for independent partners.
- Building relationships with key buying and marketing contacts at partner companies.
- Providing intelligent marketing support for exhibitions.
Please attach you CV and covering letter with your current salary.
Meadowhall Style Ambassadors
A clothing brand like no other, Joe Browns was established with the aim of offering the UK consumer something truly unique, distinctive and stylish. Joe Browns is looking for an individual who isn’t afraid to be themselves, who is customer focused and can think both commercially and creatively. This person should be charismatic, ambitious and strive to be the very best at what they do. Embracing the free spirited nature of the brand, they are able to bring fresh ideas to the table and aren’t afraid of getting stuck in. After 15 very successful years as a mail order and web business, this is the brands first flagship store. This is a high profile opportunity which would suit an ambitious sales person looking for an exciting challenge where they can really make a difference.
- To ensure high levels of customer satisfaction through excellent customer service
- To assess customer needs and provide assistance and information on product features and styling
- Actively seek out customers in store, welcome them and answer their queries.
- Follow and achieve store sales targets.
- Be knowledgeable on the Joe Browns Brand and the products offered. Be able to discuss available options and alternatives.
- Maintain clean, commercial and presentable displays.
- Comply with stock control procedures, handle deliveries, pricing and storing.
- Manning all areas of the shopfloor including fitting rooms and tills.
- Assisting with and generating online orders.
Joe Browns are looking for:
- A strong sales person who will go 'the extra mile'.
- Creative people who are full of ideas.
- Proven track record of succeeding sales targets.
- Experience in Clothing Retail would be desirable but not necessary.
- Energetic and outgoing personality with customer service focus.
- Honest, reliable and a true team player.
Salary will be competitive.
Closing Date; TBC
Don't forget to attach your CV and Covering Letter!
Want to leave your details for future opportunities?
We’re always on the lookout for talented individuals, so why not send us your CV and we’ll keep you in mind for any future vacancies. Simply choose the department you’re interested in and upload your CV.
We look forward to hearing from you.Send Us Your CV