Privacy & Cookies
- We collect, use and store your personal data so that we can offer you the best products, services and website experience possible.
- Your personal data is exactly what it says, it is yours and as such we are respectful of how we use it and how long we keep it.
- We will always be transparent with you about what we do with your personal data, and we will always ensure that it is secure.
- When we share your data with our service providers, we will always make sure they match our high levels of security.
- From time to time you will receive marketing communications from us which keep you up to date with all our latest products, services and offers. We believe this is a legitimate part of the Joe Browns customer experience.
- We will always offer you a clear and simple means of changing your communication preferences whenever you want to.
- Your name, date of birth and gender
- Your billing and postal delivery address
- Your phone number
- Your e-mail address
- The channel you chose to interact with us
- Your login details
- Your communication and shopping preferences
- Your browsing and shopping activities
- Your method of payment
- Your IP address
We will not keep your personal data for longer than is necessary for the purposes described in this promise.
As a guide:
- We will keep your personal data whilst your account is active.
- We may keep certain categories of personal data after a period of inactivity on your account in order to meet any regulatory requirements, or to resolve a legal dispute.
What we use your data for:
- To maintain your account.
- To provide our goods and services.
- To verify your identity and protect you from fraud.
- To contact you via your chosen methods about offers, products and services which we think may interest you.
- To share with carefully selected relevant third parties with your prior consent.
- To provide you with website content which is tailored to your individual tastes.
- To gather your opinions on our products and services to keep improving our offering.
- We give you the option to save your payment card details securely with a PCI compliant partner. If you subsequently change your mind, the details can be deleted in ‘My Account’.
- From time to time we may use service providers outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"), in particular for the provision of IT services. If we do share your personal data with service providers outside the EEA we will ensure safeguards are put in place to protect it.
What we don’t use your data for:
- Joe Browns Limited will not disclose your email or telephone number to any third parties other than in the course of fulfilling your order or customer service.
- If you receive an unsolicited email asking you for your www.joebrowns.co.uk login details then please contact our customer service team immediately.
- If you purchase a gift voucher for another individual or organisation, the recipient’s data will only be used for delivery of their voucher.
- We do not direct market to under 16s.
- Hermes, Fedex, UPS, Royal Mail, DHL - To fulfil orders through third party couriers and to allow them to let you know the status of your parcel.
- Rebound - For returns processing.
- Feefo - If you have supplied us with an email address prior to or at the point of placing an order with us, your name, email address and information about the products you have purchased will be shared with our feedback partners Feefo. Feefo will send you an email invitation 14 days after we have despatched your order welcoming you to leave feedback about your purchase; your feedback helps us to improve the service and products we offer. There is an opt-out facility within the email that Feefo will send to you if you would rather not receive emails from them. For any further information please see Feefo's terms & conditions.
- AC-Data - For mailing and analysis, ensuring that you receive relevant marketing communications.
- Epsilon - We work with Epsilon Abacus, a company that manages the Abacus Alliance on behalf of UK retailers. The participating retailers are active in the clothing, collectables, food & wine, gardening, gadgets & entertainment, health & beauty, household goods, and home interiors categories. They share information on what their customers buy. This pooled information is used to help the retailers understand consumers’ wider buying patterns. From this information, retailers can tailor their communications, sending people suitable offers that should be of interest to them, based on what they like to buy.
- Experian - We also work with Experian, who analyse our customer data to help us to find other people who will like the products we have to offer.
- Epsilon/Experian - If you have chosen to opt in to 3rd party communications, we will share data (Name & Address only) directly with these companies who work with other trusted retailers in the clothing, collectables, food & wine, gardening, gadgets & entertainment, health & beauty, household goods and home interiors sectors. If data is shared, it is done so on a one time only basis and the company or organisation are not entitled to store your data for further use unless you engage with them.
- Bronto - Our email service provider, to allow us to send relevant messages via email.
- Criteo - Our online retargeting provider to serve adverts relating to the products you have viewed.
- Google - Our analytics, online search, display advertising & retargeting partner, who provide analytics & serve adverts based on your search & website activity.
- Conversant - Our display advertising provider, who show online banner advertising via various advertising networks.
- Qubit - Our onsite testing & implementation provider, who help us to operate, improve and personalise the Joe Browns website experience.
How to manage your preferences
- For customers in the UK, France and Republic of Ireland, preferences can be changed at any time in ‘My Account’ or simply contact us here.
- For overseas visitors without an account, please call us on +44 (0) 113 270 6655 or contact us here.
- For those who receive Joe Browns marketing via email or catalogue who haven’t yet purchased from us, please call us on +44 (0) 113 270 6655 or contact us here.
- To unsubscribe from emails, this can also be done via the link at the footer of any marketing emails you receive from us.
- Feefo - there is an opt-out facility within the email that Feefo will send to you to stop emails.
- Criteo - there is an opt-out facility here https://www.criteo.com/privacy/. Please note you will need to action this on all devices you use.
Right to be forgotten
- You can ask us to delete your personal data at any time by using our contact us page.
Subject Access request
- You can request the personal data we hold on you by contacting us on +44 (0) 113 270 6655 or via our contact us page with a subject line of “SAR”.
- To process your request, and in the interest of security, we will ask you to send us two forms of proof of identity so that we can be sure we are releasing your personal data to the right person.
- We will process your request within one month or, if the request is particularly complex, two months. We can provide you with a copy of your personal data in electronic format or hard copy.
- If we consider the frequency of your requests is unreasonable, we may refuse to comply with your request. In those circumstances, we would notify you of your right to complain to the Information Commissioner's Office.
- Cookies are tiny text files stored on your computer when you visit certain web pages.
- To order products you need to have cookies enabled. If you don't wish to enable cookies, you'll still be able to browse the site and use it for research purposes.
- Please note that cookies can't harm your computer. We don't store personally identifiable information such as credit card details in cookies we create, but we do use encrypted information gathered from them to help improve your experience of the site. For example, they help us to identify and resolve errors, or to determine relevant related products to show you when you're browsing.
- We do have relationships with carefully-selected and monitored suppliers who may also set cookies during your visit to be used for remarketing purposes - in other words to show you different products and services based on what you appear to be interested in.
- We're giving you this information to make sure we're honest and clear about your privacy when using our website.
Targeting or advertising cookies
For more information on cookies, visit the official ICO website here.
How to change your cookie settings
Most browsers (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, etc.) are set up to accept cookies.
The cookies saved on the hard disk of your device can be erased or turned off at the following links (Please note that blocking cookies may compromise proper viewing of some web pages):
- Click on the Chrome menu in the browser tool bar.
- Select 'Setting' (top right corner).
- Click on 'Show Advanced Setting' (right at the bottom).
- In the "Privacy" section click on 'Content Settings'.
- In the "Cookies" section, you can modify cookie settings.
- Click Safari, then select Preferences.
- Click Privacy, then you will see a number of options to modify cookie settings.
- Click on the '3 line menu' button in the top right and select 'Options'.
- Select the 'Privacy & Security' link on the left hand side.
- Scroll to Cookies and Site Data.
- Select your preferences from the options available.
- Click on the 'Tools' button (top right) and then on 'Internet Options'.
- Click on the 'Privacy' tab and then click on 'Settings'.
- Select your blocking level at the bottom of the box, click 'close' then 'ok'.
Targeting or advertising cookies
- See 'types of cookies' above for a description of what these are.
- For a thorough explanation about your on-line choices and to learn how to turn off behavioural advertising, click this link http://www.youronlinechoices.com.