Make a Mini Egg Easter Mocktail!
This Mini Egg Easter mocktail is the perfect drink to make with your kids in the run-up to Easter! This drink will have you feeling like a master mixologist with its cute Easter-themed presentation. Although this recipe is intended as a mocktail for the whole family to enjoy – there is also the option to add some Irish Cream Liqueur for a boozy milkshake (if the Easter crafts are getting a bit much!).
75ml hazelnut (or regular) milk
50g dark chocolate (about 70% cocoa solids), chopped
50g Mini Eggs
2 tsp of clear honey
50ml Irish Cream Liqueur (optional)
A handful of ice cubes
1. Gently heat the milk in a small saucepan until just up to simmering point. If making with kids, be sure to keep an eye out to ensure the milk doesn’t burn!
2. Pour over the chopped chocolate in a heatproof bowl and stir to melt. Set aside to cool slightly.
3. Pulse the mini eggs in a small food processor until crushed and then tip onto a plate.
4. Brush the rims of 2 martini glasses with the honey and dip the glasses into the crushed mini eggs to give a chocolate rim.
5. Pour the chocolate milk, (and optional Irish Cream Liqueur) into a cocktail shaker with the ice and shake well until cold.
6. Strain into the 2 rimmed martini glasses.
7. We also topped our foamy drink with some more crushed Mini Eggs and an edible flower for a spring look!
If you wanted to take the Easter Crafting even further – you could buy some sugar paper and edible felt tip pens. Let your child draw their best Easter egg, bunny, or chick onto the sugar paper! Then all you have to do is cut out their Easter drawing and lightly place on top of the mocktail. The sugar paper will start to dissolve, and you will be left with the drawing on top of the chocolatey drink!